Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2012/2/23 Dmytrii Nagirniak <dnagir@gmail.com>:
> On 23/02/2012, at 5:05 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
>> SQLite should be faster in single user test - it is optimized for this
>> purpose. So you cannot to get same speed from PostgreSQL
>
> That's unfortunate to hear.
> But hoped with a bit of tuning to get PG close to SQLite by the fact that I can change the settings in such a way so
itruns more like a single user DB.

It  depends on test queries and data set size - but with simple
queries  and small dataset SQLite should be 2x - 10x faster than
PostgreSQL.

PostgreSQL is optimized for complex queries and multi user environment

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing
Сообщение: Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing