Re: assembling PGresults from multiple simultaneous queries (libpq, singlerowmode)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: assembling PGresults from multiple simultaneous queries (libpq, singlerowmode)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

ne 7. 4. 2019 v 20:47 odesílatel Konstantin Izmailov <pgfizm@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi,
I'm experimenting with Postgres 10 and protocol v3. I noticed that the Postgres allows executing multiple queries simultaneously (I basically commented out a check that prevents sending another query in libpq while previous result(s) reading is not complete). Things appear like working, but I just wanted to ask if anyone else tried the same (logically separate results from multiple simultaneous queries)?

Postgres cannot to execute simultaneous queries in one session. So queries should be executed in serial form every time.

Regards

Pavel

Afaik libpq was not designed for that scenario, but it seems the Postgres server supports it. Any thought or information will be appreciated.

Thank you!
Konstantin