Index containing records instead of pointers to the data?

От Stefan Keller
Тема Index containing records instead of pointers to the data?
Дата
Re: Index containing records instead of pointers to the data?
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

Sorry if this is an odd question:
I assume that Postgres indexes don't store records but only pointers
to the data.
This means, that there is always an additional access needed (real table I/O).
Would an index containing data records make sense?

Stefan