Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?

От Stefan Keller
Тема Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2012/2/28 Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> P.S. And yes, the database is aka 'read-only' and truncated and
>> re-populated from scratch every night. fsync is off so I don't care
>> about ACID. After the indexes on name, hstore and geometry are
>> generated I do a VACUUM FULL FREEZE. The current installation is a
>> virtual machine with 4GB memory and the filesystem is "read/write".
>> The future machine will be a pizza box with 72GB memory.
>
> I don't get this. Something's wrong.
>
> In the OP, you say "There is enough main memory to hold all table
> contents.". I'm assuming, there you refer to your current system, with
> 4GB memory.

Sorry for the confusion: I'm doing these tests on this machine with
one table (osm_point) and one country. This table has a size of 2.6GB
and 10 million tuples. The other machine has to deal with at least 5
tables in total and will be hold more than one country plus routing
etc..

-Stefan

Сообщение: Re: problems with set_config, work_mem, maintenance_work_mem, and sorting
Сообщение: Re: problems with set_config, work_mem, maintenance_work_mem, and sorting