Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2

От Dorian Machado
Тема Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I found this tuning utility in the internet

Best Regards.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:

On 22 February 2016 at 07:34, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
I also noticed you're running RHEL 6.x which runs on the truly ancient
(but pretty reliable) 2.6.32 kernel. The newer 3.11 and 3.13 kernels
are MUCH faster at IO and a lot smarter about caching and when to swap
etc. I've seen several big machines go from a few thousand tps to 15
to 20k tps just from going from 3.2 to 3.13. Keep us updated on
whether or not a pooler works for you.

I'm running a CentOS 6.6 with Kernel 2.6.32-504.el6

Is it possible to upgrade to the 3.13 version using Centos 6.6? (I think only in Centos 7)
Is so, can you please provide me any link that shows a IO improvement between two kernels? something that I can study

--
Dorian Machado