Re: Primary DB stuck becuase of unavailable standby (synchronized streaming) - please help

От Bert
Тема Re: Primary DB stuck becuase of unavailable standby (synchronized streaming) - please help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Yuval,

I would suggest to buy a third server if you want to do synchronous replication.

However, if your network is broken, I would first fix the network. :)

cheers,
Bert

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Sofer, Yuval wrote:

> Is there any parameter that I can use, to enable recovering from hanging on until someone of us re-establish connection to secondary DB?
> Maybe some configuration parameter that sets the time interval for being stuck because of unavailable secondary Postgres?

No, that's what synchronous means. What you're describing is asynchronous, and it seems like you should consider using asynchronous replication.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com