Re: MySQL Blackhole Engine

От Deron
Тема Re: MySQL Blackhole Engine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes,  I can't really find a good use case for it.   I am meeting with some of them in the next few days to find out exactly what they are using it for.  If there is a legitimate use case for this, I will forward that information.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will pass this information along as well if they really need the behavior.

Deron

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Deron <fecastle@gmail.com> writes:
> We are looking at integrating a 3rd party application.  They currently use
> MySQL for their database solution.  We are asking them to see about porting
> to PostgreSQL.   One of the issues they are running into is that they use
> MySQL "BLACKHOLE" storage engine.

Really?  I've always assumed that was utterly useless except as a
template for writing new mysql storage engines.  What are they using it
for?

You could presumably approximate the behavior by attaching a BEFORE
INSERT trigger to a table that just always returns NULL.