Re: Unique values across a table of arrays - documents and tags

От Florent Guillaume
Тема Re: Unique values across a table of arrays - documents and tags
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 07/11/2012 16:54, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> Maybe you could store the tags as fulltext words, query them using
>> fulltext search, and use ts_stat to gather the list of words? Needs to
>> be benched of course.
>> You'll probably need to change the config to avoid stemming and stop words.
>
> I have thought of that but decided not to even try because fts will also
> use GIN and the combination of fts on a text field + GIN cannot possibly
> be faster than just GIN on an array...

Unless ts_stat itself is optimized to reach inside the index to fetch
its statistics, but I don't think that's the case.

Florent

Сообщение: Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2