Re: pg_dump vs pg_basebackup

От desmodemone
Тема Re: pg_dump vs pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 03/25/2014 05:05 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 4:39 AM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hai,

Can anyone tell me the difference and performance between pgdump and
pg_basebackup if I want to backup a large database.

Honestly,

Neither is particularly good at backing up large databases. I would look into PITR with rsync.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc