Re: [PERFORM] More cores or higer frequency ?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: [PERFORM] More cores or higer frequency ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The answer, as always, is "it depends."

Can you give us an overview of your setup? The appropriate setup for small numbers of long-running analytical queries (typically faster CPUs) will be different than a setup for handling numerous simultaneous connections (typically more cores).

But CPU is often not the limiting factor. With a better understanding of your needs, people here can offer suggestions for memory, storage, pooling, network, etc.

Cheers,
Steve