Re: pg_upgrade custom table locations. Move table locations during upgrade?

От Tory M Blue
Тема Re: pg_upgrade custom table locations. Move table locations during upgrade?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 12:40 PM Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:
Many decades ago (small fib).

There was a write up of someone stopping the postgres upgrade at a certain point, editing a file with the table locations and then restarting the upgrade process.

"Now, what are you trying to do?"

I have version specific directories (good for you), but...

/pgsql/9.5/tablespaces

I am updating to 12 and thus

/pgsql/12/tablespaces (is where I would like them).

Using the -link, it simples creates the PG12, files under /pgsql/9.5/tablespace

I'd like to , even when using link, to say don't do that, but instead please link the Ver 12 tables to /pgsql/12/tablespaces.

The information is in the file

pg_upgrade_dump_globals.sql:CREATE TABLESPACE "torquespace" OWNER "cls" LOCATION '/pgsql/9.5/torque';

but while it's there, I'd like it not to be there (and it's possible that I'm running into an initial design flaw and the table spaces should really be under /pgsql and not /pgsql/$VERSION/

However is there a way to say create the new links under /pgsql/12/ vs /pgsql/9.5/ using the pg_upgrade process?

Thanks
Tory

Сообщение: Re: A question relative to creating an audit table
Сообщение: Re: A question relative to creating an audit table