Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2

От drum.lucas@gmail.com
Тема Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 23 February 2016 at 17:32, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 02/22/2016 07:41 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>>> I'm running a CentOS 6.6 with Kernel 2.6.32-504.el6
>>>
>>> Is it possible to upgrade to the 3.13 version using Centos 6.6? (I think
>>> only in Centos 7)
>>> Is so, can you please provide me any link that shows a IO improvement
>>> between two kernels? something that I can study
>>

>> It has been many years since I took care of a Centos box, but in this
>> article by Josh Berkus about avoiding kernel 3.2 it is mentioned that
>> centos 7 can in fact run 3.10 kernel.
>>

>> http://www.databasesoup.com/2014/09/why-you-need-to-avoid-linux-kernel-32.html
>

> It isn't just 3.2. You should avoid 3.2-3.8. 2.6 is fine.

I wouldn't say 2.6 is fine, but it is better than 3.2 through 3.8. But
it still has plenty of performance issues under load that 3.11 and up
addressed for me.

Hi guys... how are you all doing?

Scott Marlowe, you sent an email about the pooler...

I've done some tests on my VM, but can't do tests on the servers, as they are already in production...
However... I'm willing to set-up the pgbouncer pool on my postgresql 9.2 server...

Just got some questions first.. can you please give me your opinion?

my scenario:
1 Load Balancer (nginx) --->
2 web servers (www01 and www02) --->
4 DB servers (master01, slave01 (read-only), slave02 (hot_standby), slave03 (hot_standby), slave04 (hot_standby)

I'd install the pgbouncer on the www01 server... What do you guys think about it? Having in mind my scenario?

Cheers
Lucas