Re: "format" function documentation fix

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: "format" function documentation fix
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 14 September 2013 09:29, rudolf <stu3.1@eq.cz> wrote:
> (Please CC me the reply, since I'm not subscribed to the list.)
>
> Hi,
>
> The last example from
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-string.html#FUNCTIONS-STRING-FORMAT
> - "examples using width fields and the - flag" seems to be incorrect, see
> the attached patch.

No, the example is correct. Referring to the documentation above that:

    If the width argument is negative, the result is left aligned (as
if the - flag had been specified) ...

This applies even if the "-" flag is also specified. So the last
example is meant to illustrate that 2 minuses don't make a plus here.

Regards,
Dean