Re: pg_basebackup and timeline issues

От Clécio Anderson
Тема Re: pg_basebackup and timeline issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes.. It happened twice... I had a script cleaning some old files..
I needed to recreate the history file sometimes to be able to issue pg_basebackup command on slave without errors.

Em qua., 20 de mai. de 2020 às 04:59, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> escreveu:
On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 15:02 -0300, Clécio Anderson wrote:
> Sometimes when I need to run pg_basebackup to recreate a slave server I receive the error message below:
> Latest checkpoint is at 427A/6D6743F0 on timeline 2, but in the history of the requested timeline, the server forked off from that timeline at 0/0
> When it happens.. After I edit master's history file pointing to a timeline referenced by the slave's slot I can issue the pg_basebackup without hassle.
> I would like to know If there is any way to ignore or bypass this timeline lookup on master`s history file when issuing pg_basebackup command on slave server.

Not sure, but did you remove any *.history files in the WAL directory?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Atenciosamente,

Clécio Anderson de Lima Ferreira