conflicting lock request message

От Mark Steben
Тема conflicting lock request message
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good morning,

I am running a vacuum on a large table that has had over 1 billion rows deleted and am getting this message:

   postgres@10.53.4.110:prime_production INFO:  "customer_attributes": suspending truncate due to conflicting lock request
Mar  6 07:52:29 primeprodpsql01 postgres[8252]: [1156-1] postgres@10.53.4.110:prime_production INFO:  "customer_attributes": truncated 32541952 to 32173088 pages

I am running postgres 9.4.  This message has been repeatedly sent now for about 30 minutes after index scans have completed.

We have never had this problem before.  I'm sure it has something to do with the massive delete.

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator