Re: plpgsql.so undefined symbol error in pg_upgrade check

От Mark Steben
Тема Re: plpgsql.so undefined symbol error in pg_upgrade check
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom I do have two lib directories and and two bin directories but you were right
in that I was trying to load a 9.2 library into a 9.4 server.  I had a symlink pointing
to the 9.2 binaries.  Once I killed the symlink and recreated it pointing to the 9.4 binaries the problem went away.  Thanks for the insight.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Mark Steben <mark.steben@drivedominion.com> writes:
> I am planning a 9.,2 to 9.4 upgrade using pg_upgrade with the link option.
> Thanks first to Tom Lane for the prompt answer last week.  I have installed
> 9.4 in the same disk as 9.2 and running pg_upgrade with the --check option
> I get this error:

> ERROR:  could not load library
> "/usr/local/pgsql_production/lib/plpgsql.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql_production/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: errcontext

This would seem to indicate that you are trying to load a 9.2 library into
the 9.4 server or vice versa.  You really need to have different lib
directories, as well as different bin directories, for the two versions.

Mark Steben
 Database Administrator
@utoRevenue | Autobase
  CRM division of Dominion Dealer Solutions
95D Ashley Ave.
West Springfield, MA 01089

t: 413.327-3045
f: 413.383-9567