Re: Maybe time for an alpha release of the pgsql2 project

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Maybe time for an alpha release of the pgsql2 project
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 10:38, Alexander Kjäll <alexander.kjall@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I'm not totally sure if this is the best place for this topic, but as
the library was briefly discussed on the list before I'll continue
that tradition.

There is still a lot more work to be done on the adba driver for
postgresql, and the adba specification from oracle is still subject to
change.

But the driver have also come a long way and is in a state where it
would be useful to be able to experiment with it in external projects,
and therefore I'm feeling that it's time for a first alpha release.

I have a number of questions regading naming and procedure and stuff like that.

1) I feel that the name pgsql2 isn't optimal, maybe change it to pgAdba.

Ya, I'm not particularly happy with that name either.

2) Do you want to publish the artifact under the org.postgresql
groupId to maven central?

Hmmm .... that is fine however I guess someone with access to that groupId would have to push it.

I think I'm OK with this.

3) Any opinion on version numbering? I was thinking that 0.1.0-ALPHA
could be appropriate.

Yes, this is fine with me

Dave