Re: Some performance testing?

От Przemysław Deć
Тема Re: Some performance testing?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Can you say how much faster it was?

Przemek Deć

> Josh, there seems to be an inconsistency in your blog.  You say 3.10.X is
> safe, but the graph you show with the poor performance seems to be from
> 3.13.X which as I understand it is a later kernel.  Can you clarify which
> 3.X kernels are good to use and which are not?

Sorry to cut in -

So far we've found kernel 3.18 to be excellent for postgres 9.3 performance (pgbench + our own queries run much faster than with the 2.6.32-504 centos 6 kernel, and we haven't encountered random stalls or slowness).

We use elrepo to get prebuilt rpms of the latest mainline stable kernel (kernel-ml).

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml

Graeme Bell