Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we all agree that the "Materialized View" should be faster

I think we have.

> and stop this pointless bickering about naming convention,
> which I have already stated, is just an opinion and too late to change at this point?

Novel opinions about what words mean can lead to confusion.  Left
alone, what you said might have confused some readers about what
"materialized" means.  "Materialized view" has been a term of art,
part of database jargon, for over 30 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jargon :

"A main driving force in the creation of technical jargon is
precision and efficiency of communication when a discussion must
easily range from general themes to specific, finely differentiated
details without circumlocution."

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view