Re: Re: Increasing work_mem and shared_buffers on Postgres 9.2 significantly slows down queries

От Petr Praus
Тема Re: Re: Increasing work_mem and shared_buffers on Postgres 9.2 significantly slows down queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 1 November 2012 18:25, Gunnar "Nick" Bluth <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:
Am 01.11.2012 21:40, schrieb Marcos Ortiz:
Regards, Petr.
Tuning PostgreSQL is not just change the postgresql.conf, it includes more things like:
- the filesystem that you are using
- the kernel version that you using (particularly in Linux systems)
- the tuning to kernel variables
- the type of discs that you are using (SSDs are very fast, like you saw in your iMac system)