Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It sounds to me like bobbyw might have two separate installations of
> postgres (or at least two copies of psql), one compiled with /tmp as the
> default socket location and one compiled with /var/run/postgresql as the
> default.  /tmp is the out-of-the-box default but I think Debian likes to
> build it with /var/run/postgresql as the default.

It looked like the actual DBT-5 harness is built with "system
libraries" (libpqxx, linked to system libpq, with debian's
/var/run/postgresql), but the scaffolding around it uses a "local"
postgres (server and psql) using the source default of /tmp?

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,