Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2

От Robert Burgholzer
Тема Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2
Дата
Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2
Список pgsql-admin
Just a quick checkin on this problem.  Thus far, I have managed to install dbg and recompile postgresql with the appropriate debugging headers/variables.

I have been following wiki that Scott sent, and attempted to trace one of my pg processes while making it crash.  I have "succeeded" in causing the crash on my dev server, which suggests at least that it is not due to some spurious piece of faulty hardware on my primary.  I had failed to initiate the log file creation on the process that was tracing, and thus it seems no log file resulted.  Also, the ssh session that was monitoring the process died in the midst due to a local network routing glitch.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to run the trace via a nohup command or something, that would be cool, since then I could let it run in the background.  I can reproduce the crash, but it is somewhat episodic, it seems that I can run the same query several times before things blow up.

So, in short, I am quite confident that I can get this finished shortly, but very short on time to devote to it for the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the help, and sorry that I am drawing this process out,

r.b.