Re: Proper syntax to update an hstore key-value pair

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Proper syntax to update an hstore key-value pair
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, I discovered that I had different versions of hstore across several databases. Some were 1.1 and others were 1.3. On the 1.3 hstore versions, the \do *.|| produces a public hstore - hstore operator, while the 1.1 shows the same as public.hstore. Maybe I just wasn't casting this far enough. On both versions that operator shows as being in the public schema. My search path does include that.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> writes:
> Your instruction to run "\do ||" did return a list including left arg type
> as text and right arg type as text. The list does report the schema as
> pg_catalog as opposed to the schema I'm actually working in at the moment,

Yeah, that's the built-in "text || text" operator.  The question is where
is the "hstore || hstore" operator added by the hstore extension.  If
you're not seeing that in \do output, then it's not in your search path.

Actually, it might be better to try "\do *.||", which should show all
operators named || regardless of which schema they are in and whether
that schema is in your path.

Сообщение: Re: Proper syntax to update an hstore key-value pair
Сообщение: Re: Proper syntax to update an hstore key-value pair