Re: WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sounds like you just have to wait until it finishes..

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Prabhjot Sheena <prabhjot.sheena@rivalwatch.com> wrote:
Hello
       We are using postgresql 8.3 database for last 5 yrs for this production database and its running fine. This is our critical database which runs 24*7. This weekend we started getting these messages

HINT:  To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM.
WARNING:  database  must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions

i am currently running this command

vacuumdb --analyze db

while this command is running i m still getting these messages

WARNING:  database  must be vacuumed within 2645303 transactions.

The value of number of transactions is going down every minute

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to sort up this issue.

Thanks
Avi