Re: postgres version equivalent EnterpriseDB version8.3.0.112 , can I get it?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: postgres version equivalent EnterpriseDB version8.3.0.112 , can I get it?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Khangelani Gama <kgama@argility.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I need a a postgres version that can work well with the database that is
> running in EnterpriseDB version8.3.0.112. It’s not a updgrade.

PostgreSQL 8.3 has been unsupported for a few years. But you can still
download the source and build your own binary, of course, from the
main PostgreSQL website (go to www.postgresql.org, click download,
click file browser).

I don't believe it's plug-in compatible with an EDB data directory
(though I'm not sure - and as the EnterpriseDB product is proprietary,
you will have to ask them). But as long as you are not using any of
their proprietary extension functions, I believe it should be possible
to do a dump from EDB and reload it in PostgreSQL.

> Actually I need something equivalent to EnterpriseDB version8.3.0.112, for
> Linux server 64 bit.

If you need something equivalent to EnterpriseDB, you should get
EnterpriseDB. They should have both sales and support contacts
available through their website.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/