Re: A user report of misinterpretation of 'unsupported versions'

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: A user report of misinterpretation of 'unsupported versions'
Дата
Re: A user report of misinterpretation of 'unsupported versions'
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
> I had a report from a user asking how they could VACUUM in the future
> under 9.3, when it's no longer supported (which took me aback).  He
> referred me to a manual page:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-vacuum.html
>
> I realized, then, that the problem is the wordsmithing of:
>
> "This page in other versions: 9.2 / 9.1 / 9.0 / 8.4  |  Unsupported
> versions: 9.3 / 8.3 / 8.2 / 8.1 / 8.0 / 7.4 / 7.3 / 7.2 / 7.1 / devel"
>
> An entirely reasonable person would decide that the VACUUM command is
> unsupported in any of the itemized versions.

Strictly speaking, *everything in 9.3 is unsupported. Because it
hasn't been released yet.

But I can understand the confusion - do you have a suggestion for how
to write it to make it more obvious what the actual problem is?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/