Re: Connection Options -- SSL already uses compression?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Connection Options -- SSL already uses compression?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> wrote:
> Am I reading this correctly -- it appears that if SSL negotiation is enabled
> for a connection (say, when using pg_basebackup over a WAN) that compression
> is automatically used (provided it is supported on both ends)?

That would depend on the OpenSSL defaults, I believe. Pretty sure you
can configure that system wide.

> Is there a way to check and see if it is on for a given connection?

You can use PQgetssl() and then use OpenSSL functions to get the info
from there. I'm not sure exactly how, but it would surprise me if it's
not possible.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/