Re: pg_upgrade with postgis

От Ronit Allen
Тема Re: pg_upgrade with postgis
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi -

Thanks.
As we installed using pg repos (yum) I don't think it will allow me to re-install postgis.
Is it possible to specify a target cluster for a postgis install from repo or will it need to be installed from source?
Thanks again.
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 04:15:31PM +0300, Ronit Allen wrote:
> HI -
>
> I am looking to upgrade our postgresql 9 to 9,2 using pg_upgrade.
>
> We have postgis installed on the current cluster (9).
>
> Both postgresql and postgis was installed using the pg repos.
>
> Will I need to re-install postgis after running pg_upgrade?

You will need to have all plug-in stuff installed in the new
cluster before running pg_upgrade.  You should then be able to run
pg_upgrade and all your postgis data will be migrated.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com