Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alvaro>Something like
INSERT INTO .. VALUES ('col1', 'col2'), ('col1', 'col2'), ('col1', 'col2')>I did not
Frits>try that, to be honest.

pgjdbc does automatically rewrite insert values(); into insert ... values(),(),(),() when reWriteBatchedInserts=true. I don't expect manual multivalues to be noticeably faster there.

Frits>https://etc.to/confluence/display/~admjal/PostgreSQL+performance+tests

Do you really intend to measure just a single insert operation?
It looks odd, as typical applications would execute inserts for quite a while before they terminate.

You are including lots of warmup overheads (e.g. JIT-compilation), so your approach does not measure peak performance.
On the other hand, you are not measuring enough time to catch things like "DB log switch".

Would you please use JMH as a load driver?

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance