Re: [GENERAL] Detailed progress reporting for "vacuuming indexes" stage

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Detailed progress reporting for "vacuuming indexes" stage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Alexander Shchapov
<alexanderad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would be more interesting would be like the heap to get
>> information on the index block being cleaned up with reports being
>> done via index_bulk_delete(). That's more work, and that would be more
>> helpful than just a number.
>>
>> So patches welcome.
>
> Thanks for the reply and a tip, Michael.
> Do I get it correctly, that you suggesting to calculate something like
> index_blks_total and increment index_blks_vacuumed?

Something like that may be helpful as vacuum is basically triggering a
bulk deletion on the indexes vacuumed. What makes the thing tricky is
how to integrate that correctly with index AMs. So while it can be
done, it deserves careful thoughts.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is the purpose of PostGIS on PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is the purpose of PostGIS on PostgreSQL?