A user report of misinterpretation of 'unsupported versions'

От Daniel Farina
Тема A user report of misinterpretation of 'unsupported versions'
Дата
Re: A user report of misinterpretation of `unsupported versions`  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
I had a report from a user asking how they could VACUUM in the future
under 9.3, when it's no longer supported (which took me aback).  He
referred me to a manual page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-vacuum.html

I realized, then, that the problem is the wordsmithing of:

"This page in other versions: 9.2 / 9.1 / 9.0 / 8.4  |  Unsupported
versions: 9.3 / 8.3 / 8.2 / 8.1 / 8.0 / 7.4 / 7.3 / 7.2 / 7.1 / devel"

An entirely reasonable person would decide that the VACUUM command is
unsupported in any of the itemized versions.