Re: /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 should be 5433

От Poul Kristensen
Тема Re: /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 should be 5433
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot everybody!

I think the solution is

ystemd

Some configuration parameters are passed to daemon via command line options. This behaviour may override settings in postgresql.conf. For example, if you want to change the server's port number to 5433, create a file named "/etc/systemd/system/postgresql.service" containing:

.include /lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service
[Service]
Environment=PGPORT=5433--

I have not tested yet.

Hi,

On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 10:08 +0200, Poul Kristensen wrote:
> I have need to have to difference Postgres version runnung on the same RHEL
> 7.2 server.
>
> They are listening on 2 different ports as configured but socket is still
> listening
> on  port 5432 for  both of them.
>
> How come and how do I change this?

If you installed Postgres from Red Hat repos (likely), then change the port
number in unit file for the second instance. The recommended way is copying the
unit file under /etc/systemd/system/ and modify from there.

If you installed from PGDG repos, then changing port from postgresql.conf is
sufficient.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Poul Kristensen
Linux-OS/Virtualizationexpert and Oracle DBA