Re: Slow Query

От sunil kumar
Тема Re: Slow Query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok.. so may i know the caller platform.. and how you are calling the query whether it is a Funtion or a query only. And which type of conditions you are applying to return data?

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, 7:16 p.m. Luca Ferrari, <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 3:27 PM Anjul Tyagi <anjul@ibosstech-us.com> wrote:

> I am running query without limit.. it works fine in PGAdmin.

You haven't specified the execution plan, nor the application technology.
My 2 cents go to the fact that the application (driver) could be
allocating resources to handle the query, and that is something that
costs.
Are you really sure the query executed by the application is the query
you are running or is there any ORM behind the scene?
What about using auto_explain to see what happens?

Luca