Re: Character classes

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Character classes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 6:06 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The 20-year-old reference in our text to ctype(3) seems rather unhelpful
> today; in the first place, there's no such man page on my Linux systems,
> and in the second place, wctype(3) is more important if it exists, and
> in the third place what a reader actually wants to know is that this
> is controlled by the LC_CTYPE server parameter.  It'd likely be better
> to dump the man-page reference altogether and instead point readers to
> our "Locale Support" chapter.

No opinion on the reference, but out of curiosity I hunted down the
equivalent man page on a RHEL system.  There it goes by ctype.h(0P),
which makes some kind of sense: there isn't a ctype function, so it
has no business in section 3, while wctype is a function so there is a
wctype(3) along with a header page wctype.h(0P).  0P seems to be for
POSIX headers, or something like that.  BSDen don't seem to bother
with this distinction and just provide ctype(3).

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com