Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> writes:
>> It's not clear whether Tom is already working on that O(N^2) fix in locking.
>
> I'm not; Jeff Janes is.  But you shouldn't be holding your breath
> anyway, since it's 9.3 material at this point.

I agree we can't back-patch that change, but then I think we ought to
consider back-patching some variant of Tatsuo's patch.  Maybe it's not
reasonable to thunk an arbitrary number of relation names in there on
one line, but how about 1000 relations per LOCK statement or so?  I
guess we'd need to see how much that erodes the benefit, but we've
certainly done back-branch rearrangements in pg_dump in the past to
fix various kinds of issues, and this is pretty non-invasive.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump and thousands of schemas