Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?
Дата
Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?  (Ken Winter <ken@sunward.org>)
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Ken Winter <ken@sunward.org> wrote:
> I need to migrate my pgAdmin to a new (Windows 7) computer.  My pgAdmin
> setup on my old (also Win 7) computer includes a couple dozen servers.  I'm
> hoping that I can somehow copy these to the new computer so I don't have to
> re-enter them manually.
>
> Is the server list in a file somewhere, and if so how do I find it?  Or if
> it is somehow stored "inside" of pgAdmin, is there a way to export it from
> the old computer and import it into the new one?

The settings are stored in the Windows Registry. If you fire up
regedit, you should be able to export all the settings under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III

to a text file, then re-import them on the new machine. If you only
want the servers, the key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III\Servers

The usual caveats and disclaimers about poking around in the registry
apply - be careful and do so at your own risk.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company