Re: Global dict name is listed inconsistently

От Adam
Тема Re: Global dict name is listed inconsistently
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Yes, it does, thank you.

Now it's clear why there are two different names.

Best regards,

Adam Bielański

pt., 24 sie 2018, 20:05 użytkownik Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napisał:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 09:17:35AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html
>
> Page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html  says:
> "The global dictionary SD is available to store data between function
> calls." few lines lower it says: "global data and function arguments from
> myfunc are not available to myfunc2. The exception is the data in the GD
> dictionary, as mentioned above." Note that the global dictionary is named
> "SD" in the first quote and "GD" in the second one.
>
> Please correct either first or second sentence.

Well, the documentation is correct, but obviously not clear.  I have the
attached patch which modifies the documentation and clarifies this
issue.  Does it help you?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +