Re: Java LISTEN/NOTIFY client library work-around

От Joel Jacobson
Тема Re: Java LISTEN/NOTIFY client library work-around
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/12/1 Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Joel Jacobson wrote:

> As you know, LISTEN/NOTIFY is broken in the Java client library. You have to
> do a SELECT 1 in a while-loop to receive the notifications.
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/listennotify.html

This documentation is out of date.  Currently you can get notifications
without polling the database if you are not using a SSL connection.  You
still must poll the driver, using PGConnection.getNotifications, but it
will return new notifications received without an intermediate database
query.  This doesn't work over SSL and potentially some other connection
types because it uses InputStream.available that not all
implementations support.

I know it works without SSL, but we need SSL for this.

If it would be possible to fix it, my company is as I said willing to pay for the cost of such a patch.

Kris Jurka

--
Joel Jacobson
Trustly