[PERFORM] performance drop after upgrade (9.6 > 10)

От johannes graën
Тема [PERFORM] performance drop after upgrade (9.6 > 10)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I wrote a query that joins several tables usually returning less than
1000 rows, groups them and generates a JSON object of the result. In
9.6 is was a question of milliseconds for that query to return the
requested data. Now, after upgrading to 10, the query never returns -
at least it hasn't returned in the last hour.

To see what happens, I requested the query plan [1]. It looks complex
and shows a lot of parallelization. I don't have the query plan from
9.6, but I remember it being considerably simpler.

Can anyone have a guess what altered the performance here so
dramatically? Is there a way to disable new parallelization features
just for this query to see if it makes any difference?

Best Johannes

[1] https://explain.depesz.com/s/xsPP