Re: Autovacuum Daemon Disrupting dropdb?

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Autovacuum Daemon Disrupting dropdb?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In an interesting epilogue to this thread, I just encountered
something unusual.

Since having disabled autovacuum in the cluster in which it was
preventing dropdb from working (because autovacuum the autovacuum
daemon was behaving as a user accessing the database), dropdb has
been working fine.

Yesterday, though, I created a new cluster to house an on-line backup
from a production server. The new cluster includes a postgresql.conf
from the production server in which autovacuum was enabled. From the
logs of the new cluster, autovacuum began processing as soon as the
on-line backup recovery process was complete.

Then, last night, my dropdb failed for the first time since having
disabled it in my original postgres cluster on this server with a
warning that users were accessing the database.

Is it possible for an autovacuum daemon in a given cluster to have an
impact on all postgres clusters running on a server?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/