Re: Postgres 8.2 install on solaris 10

От Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67
Тема Re: Postgres 8.2 install on solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We wanted to have the postgres binaries in shared home. One of the main
requirement for sun cluster is to have the binaries in shared home.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of
ttw+pgsql@cobbled.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:59 AM
To: Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres 8.2 install on solaris 10

On 05.02-14:05, Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67 wrote:
[ ... ]
> We are considering having postgres 8.2 on solaris 10 machine for our
> production environment. While reading through sun docs, it looks like
> the solaris 10 update 6 onwards comes with the postgres 8.2 installed
> under /usr/postgres/8.2 . My question is can we have postgres binaries

> under a different location like /usr/local/a01 ( shared home ). I know

> I can install from source and can have postgres binaries where ever I
> want but here we have to use sun compiled postgres binaries in order
> to get support. So is there an option during solaris install to have
> postgres installed in a different location. Any help will be highly
appreciated.

short answer is no but you shouldn't need to move the binaries and
libraries in order to move the database.  if you explain why that's a
requirement i'll put some more thought into it (creating a zone in that
location springs to mind but it's not exactly the same thing).

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster