Re: Postgres array parser

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: Postgres array parser
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

For such cases (see below), it would be nice to have an unnest function that only affect the first array dimension.

Something like

unnest(ARRAY[[1,2],[2,3]], SLICE=1)
=>
unnest
------
[1,2]
[2,3]

With this function, I imagine that following sql function
might beat the plpgsql FOREACH version.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION input_value_un (in_inputs numeric[], in_input_nr numeric)
   RETURNS numeric AS
$BODY$

  SELECT u[1][2]
  FROM unnest($1, SLICE =1) u