Re: pg_dump custom format and pigz

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: pg_dump custom format and pigz
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>Well, that would mean linking pg_dump with the library providing the compression you want. I suppose, only data is
compressed,not the whole dump, e.g. dumping without compression then compressing is different from dumping with
compression.

Yep,
I have no skill in C programming, but wouldn't it be a good idea to add/integrate the pigz source in pg_dump ? There is
aleast no concern to have about the License.
regards,

Marc