Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root"

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
So does that mean there's no security issue using the root account to
install postrgeSQL as the first book indicated? Thanks.

--
Husam

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:52 PM
To: Goulet, Dick
Cc: Stephan Szabo; Peter Eisentraut; Tomeh, Husam; PgSQL ADMIN
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root"
Debate!

Goulet, Dick wrote:

>Whatever, I'll keep root only for absolutely restricted use & install
>under a separate user account.  Works just fine & it makes the auditors

>& sysadmin feel better.

I don't argue the point of using root. I agree with you there.
Just the point that if it is owned by root it executes as root.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Dick Goulet
>Senior Oracle DBA
>Oracle Certified 8i DBA

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
От: Doug Quale
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!