Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sep 22, 2006, at 4:58 AM, nicky wrote:

> till 100 simultaneous visitors, the Xeon performs 24% better with
> MSQL 4.1.20, 30% better in MySQL 5.0.20a and 37% better in
> PostgreSQL 8.2-dev. In short, the Socket F Opteron doesn't stand a
> chance, although the Woodcrest scales better and has such a high
> startpoint with one core, there is no chance of beating it. We

so you think AMD is just sitting around twiddling their thumbs and
saying "well, time to give up since Intel is faster today".  no.
there will be back-and forth between these two vendors to our
benefit.  I would expect next-gen AMD chips to be faster than the
intels.  If not, then perhaps they *should* give up :-)

Вложения