Re: Getting an error in connection refused

От Siddharth Rath (sirath)
Тема Re: Getting an error in connection refused
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It may happen that the earlier postmaster-process didn't get killed
properly . I'd this issue some time back.

Try doing a "ps -A" and see if the postmaster is still showing up in the
process list.  If it is, then the db was not truly shutdown. So kill the
process and try again. If you wont get the postmaster then do a

netstat -plunta | grep 5432

And see if the process is binding to 0 0.0.0.0 . If its binding to 0
0.0.0.0 then probably your sysadmin can help you out.

Thanx
Sidd