Re: connections slowing everything down?

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: connections slowing everything down?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Apr 21, 2008, at 4:50 AM, Adrian Moisey wrote:

> Hi
>
> # ps -ef | grep idle | wc -l
> 87
> # ps -ef | grep SELECT | wc -l
> 5
>

> I have 2 web servers which connect to PGPool which connects to our
> postgres db.  I have noticed that idle connections seem to take up
> CPU and RAM (according to top).  Could this in any way cause things
> to slow down?

Dependant on how much memory you have in your system, yes.  You can
fix the constant use of memory by idle connections by adjusting the
child_life_time setting in your pgpool.conf file.  The default if 5
minutes which a bit long.  Try dropping that down to 20 or 30 seconds.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888