Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only

От senor
Тема Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I know from a previous post to the community that pg_dump --schema-only is single threaded and the --jobs option cannot benefit pg_dump in my case (single DB, Single schema, 100000+ tables). Using pg_upgrade with the --link option is very fast except for the pg_dump portion of the upgrade which takes days.

I think I am looking for advice on how to optimize the postgres process for best performance of a single thread making whatever queries pg_dump --schema-only does. Obviously, that's not a common concern for DB tuning.  At the moment, all I'm reasonably sure about is that a reduction in the number of tables should reduce the time needed but that is not the reality I'm faced with.
Thanks,
Senor