RE: Getting error while running the pg_basebackup through PGBOUNCER

От Scot Kreienkamp
Тема RE: Getting error while running the pg_basebackup through PGBOUNCER
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Replication and several other admin type operations must connect directly to PG.  They are not supported through PGBouncer.

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V [mailto:raghavendrajsv@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 9:21 AM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Getting error while running the pg_basebackup through PGBOUNCER

ATTENTION:   This email was sent to La-Z-Boy from an external source.     Be vigilant when opening attachments or clicking links.

Hi All,

We are using PGBOUNCER(connection pool mechanisam). PGBOUNCER uses port 5433.

Postgres database port number is 6433. By using port 5433 PGBOUNCER is connecting to postgres port 6433 database.

Now PGBOUNCER is establishing the connections properly but when I try to run the pg_basebackup through port 5433(PGBOUNCER port) we are receiving below error. Please guide me.

 /opt/postgres/9.2/bin/pg_basebackup -p 5433 -U postgres -P -v -x --format=tar --gzip --compress=1 --pgdata=- -D /opt/rao

pg_basebackup: could not connect to server: ERROR:  Unsupported startup parameter: replication

--

Regards,
Raghavendra Rao J S V