Re: Install 8.3.0-1 on Windows XP

От Vishal Arora
Тема Re: Install 8.3.0-1 on Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Before starting the DB Server you have to create a Data directory. use the initdb command -

Create a DATA folder under 8.3 folder , Give proper privileges to Postgres user on the Data folder and then use

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\initdb -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"

- Vishal

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:48:04 +0100
From: biggero@poczta.onet.pl
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Install 8.3.0-1 on Windows XP

Hi,

Hope, this is the right mailing list.

I installed postgres on Windows XP, as previledged user (so I have access). I did not install it as a service. The database won't start after selecting "Start database" from Start Menu.
The output:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe"  start -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\"
server starting

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>postgres cannot access the server configuration file "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

So I checked, and there is no data directory. How to install version 8.3.0-1 of postgres properly on XP?

Regards,
Bigg

Detailed profiles 4 marriage! Only at Shaadi.com Try it!